Friday, May 29, 2020

Hola Barcelona! Buenos Dias!

Hola Barcelona! Buenos Dias!
Barcelona, Spain
5 February 2020


"Welcome to Spain!" is the exact word that comes out into my mouth as soon as the airplane landed its wheels on the ground of El Prat Airport. I didn't plan to stay here and I only give myself 6 hours to roam around before heading to my next destination. My really intention here is to visit the La Sagrada Familia alone but still I managed to visit few interesting places too. 


Arriving at the airport and travelling to the city is very easy with their very good connection of transportation. I took the bus and started my photo walk at the Plaça d'Espanya. It is a famous plaza bordered with architectural landmarks with fountain shows, shopping and an arena.


A few minutes walk from the center is the Font Magica de Montjuic. Although the fountains are close at that time, the view is still amazing with the back drop of the National Art Museum of Catalunya


It's not listed on my itinerary but I did sneak a few minutes to go up there and see the beautiful bird's eye view of the city. From there, I happen to see my first glimpse of the La Sagrada Familia which excites me!



Around the area is a garden with full of interesting places but my time is very limited and I just give it a pass and headed to my next place of visit, Plaça de Catalunya.




Around the area are the famous structures designed by Antoni Gaudi i Cornet, an architect known as the greatest exponent of Catalan Modernism. Two of his works around the area are the Casa Batlló and Casa Milá.





Rushing around the city is real! I wanted to visit as many places as I can but my stomach is already growling of hunger. What else other tourists would want to try while in Spain is the superb seafood paella. Waiting for it is like taking my time forever but when the food finally arrived, it's heaven! Though it consume few minutes of my time, its totally worth it.

    
Authentic Spanish cuisines at Tapas & Beer

After sumptuous treat for myself, I'm literally rushing already to be able to catch my scheduled guided tour but I still managed to run over a few blocks just to see the Catedral de Barcelona also known as the Cathedral of the Holy Cross and Saint Eulalia. 




After taking great photos of it, I finally head to my ultimate goal to visit in Barcelona, La Sagrada Familia. I have no idea on what's all about its structure and personally I can't imagine why the church is built like that and why is that until today, it's still under construction. 








La Sagrada Familia is a large unfinished Roman Catholic minor basilica designed by architect Antoni Gaudi, who is the master behind the two building I have visited earlier. I think guided tour is a must when visiting this place because they have explained every detail of why it is build, the real intention of the architect and when is the target date to finish the church. Interiors are simply amazing especially in the late afternoon when the sunlight goes thru its windows and paints color to it. I wish I have stayed in Barcelona for a few days to see and experience more but my time there is very limited. The church will be finished by 2026 and I think I have now the reason to comeback!.


Even for 6 hours of travelling around, I still enjoy my short stay in Barcelona. That was fast! If I didn't stick to my plan, I would miss my flight. Actually I didn't finish the guided tour due to lack of time to extend since I'm still travelling my way to the airport. Adios Barcelona and hello to my last city to visit! Stay tuned for my next European travel photography!



itravelbymaplrn.blogspot.com.sg
markanthonylim|photography2020

Canon 5D Mark IV
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM



No comments:

Post a Comment